There is a current workshop member with the same first and last name and/or the same e-mail address that you have just submitted for a new membership. If you are a current member but have forgotten your password or log-in name, please use the password/ID request form (or contact us) and do not submit this form. If you have deleted your membership and now wish to reinstate it, contact us and we will set you up again; do not submit this form.
However, if you just happen to have the same name as a current member, please add your middle name to the first-name text box or otherwise differentiate your name from the current member's. This will prevent confusion in the future. Then go ahead and click on the "Next Step" button to join the workshop.
If you are using the same e-mail address as a current member (for example, sharing a household or classroom account), no problem. Just go ahead and click on the "Next Step" button to join the workshop.
Professional MembershipsWe welcome the participation of professional agents and magazine/book editors in the Online Writing Workshop for SF & F. Professional memberships are offered free of charge. Because OWW's primary concern is to look out for the interests of our author members, we do have a few conditions upon your membership as an agenting professional:
- If you are an agent, you need to request a special free professional membership on letterhead via US Mail. Include the following information:
- Name of the agency
- How long the agency has been in business
- Agency membership in AAR?
- Location of the agency or main office of the agency
- Some recent sales (lengths, genres, authors, titles, publishers)
- Other services offered besides representing authors to publishers (manuscript reading for a fee, editing for a fee, manuscript preparation services, etc.)
- If you do offer other services, % of your agency's income that comes from those services and percentage that comes from commissions on sales to publishers
- If you are a professional editor at a SFWA-recognized magazine or book publisher, send us the following information either by US Mail or via our Contact Us form:
- Name of your publisher or publication
- How long you have worked/freelanced there
- How frequently you buy work from new authors in the SF/F field
- Your OWW Member Directory entry must clearly state your professional status (editor, agent, manuscript reviewer, etc.) and who you work for. Contact information is allowed in your Member Directory listing as well. OWW will approve Member Directory entries from all professional members to ensure accurate representation.
- We will eventually be adding to our site a listing of workshop members who are publishing professionals. If you apply for our professional membership, we will be displaying your member-directory entry in that list.
- Any reviews you contribute must include the same accurate representation of your professional status as your Member Directory entry.
- Reviews may not include direct solicitations to members (those may be made through e-mail to members who list their addresses).
- Finally, if an author you are interested in has no listed e-mail address, contact us and we will forward a message from you to the author.
As long as you are willing to comply with these simple requests and provide us with the information we need, you are welcome in the workshop. We are confident that you'll find a lot of great writing featured here!
If you have questions, feel free to contact us.
OWW mailing address:
Online Writing Workshops
229 Bradley's Crossing Road, Stop 19
East Chatham, New York 12060